Empower your people and IT with secure, reliable desktop virtualization
Protect vital content, support a vast array of clients and efficiently manage desktops and remote offices for your workforce. For secure, easy-to-manage, scalable desktop virtualization, rely on Dell cloud client-computing. Only Dell offers an end-to-end virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution designed to transform your data center.
- Simplify VDI planning, deployment and management.
- Enable BYOD and securely deliver any Windows application to any user on any device.
- Add energy-efficient, award-winning Wyse thin clients and software to suit your budget, application and performance requirements.
Assemble your own solution, customize with Dell Blueprints or let Dell experts do it all for you.
Click to know more
Brochure:Why Desktop Virtualization?
Incorporated in 1996, Dell India has been among the fastest growing technology companies in the country. An engine for Dell’s global growth, Dell India is a strategic component of Dell’s transformation into a true IT solutions partner and a ‘trusted IT advisor’ focused on end-to-end offerings.
With over 27,000 team members, Dell India is the largest operation for Dell outside the US. Dell has invested significantly in building end-to-end solutions and delivery capabilities – sales & marketing, manufacturing hub, Dell Services, R&D centre, Customer Contact Centres, Dell IT, Global Analytics and Global Financial Services – besides setting up a distribution network of commercial and retail channel and a service network that spans over 650 locations across India.
Dell today is leading across all customer segments in India and our expansion and investment is reflective of the growing commitment to the customers and the Indian market.
- India Manufacturing – Continuing its commitment to the Indian market, Dell invested USD 30 million in 2007 to set up its manufacturing facility at Sriperumbudur, near Chennai in Tamil Nadu. With a capacity of about 3 million units, this facility has helped Dell to significantly reduce its delivery times, enhance its value chain to include manufacturing of desktops, notebooks and servers and improve the total customer experience.
- Dell Services – Dell Services capabilities are focused around Intelligent Data Management, Next-Gen Data Center, Next-Gen End-User Computing and Networking. India is a strategic piece for Dell Services, with team members across six cities (Bangalore, Noida, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad and Pune).
- Dell India R&D Centre, Bangalore – Dell’s Bangalore R&D Center, established in 2001, plays a critical role in software development and testing. The centre houses subject matter experts for various enterprise solutions offered by Dell such as Virtualization, High Performance Computing, Database and System Management Solutions. The centre also boasts of the capability to execute proof-of-concepts for majority of the solution configurations available on dell.com. Dell India R&D Centre is an important innovation centre for most of Dell products.
- Global Analytics – Dell Global Analytics (DGA) was set up in 2005 and drew upon the talent in the country to create a shared services resource across Dell. The team offers consulting across wide-ranging functions such as supply-chain, operations, pricing, online behaviour, financial services, consumer buying patterns and many more.
- Global Financial Services – A team based in Hyderabad and Bangalore, is responsible for diverse financial functions across geographies including collections for English speaking countries, Global Credit, Global Fraud Prevention, Global Revenue Services, India AP, Payroll & T&E.
- Global IT – With teams across Bangalore and Hyderabad, it contributes towards development, running and maintenance of applications for key business processes like supply chain management, data warehousing and business intelligence, customer support and corporate functions.
- eDell – 70% of the development work of Dell.com – one of the largest e-commerce portals across the globe, is done by the ‘online team’ at Bangalore.
- Dell Customer Contact Centres – Dell Customer Relationship Centers in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Gurgaon and Mohali provide Technical Support, Customer Care and Sales Support to customers across the US, UK, Ireland, Canada and India.
Dell’s journey in India
- Launch of Direct Business Model in India in 2000
- Launch of India R&D Centre (2001)
- First customer contact center opens in Bangalore in 2001 followed by Hyderabad (2003), Mohali (2005) and Gurgaon (2006)
- India Manufacturing facility set up in Sriperumbudur, near Chennai, in Tamil Nadu (2007)
- Dell’s Acquisition of Perot Systems (2009)
- Growing retail & commercial footprint – Over 52 Dell exclusive retail outlets, service network in over 650 locations, 2000+ commercial channel partners and more than 8000 retail stores.
- Dell’s Acquisition of Force10 Networks (2011)
- Dell was recognized under 7 categories – Data Centre Consultant, Data Centre Transformation Services, Laptop, Network Security, Networking –Active, Server Virtualization and Storage – Hardware, as part of CIO Choice Awards 2015.
- Dell was conferred with the CRN Channel Champion 2014 award in the monitor category based on various parameters like product availability, price performance, partner profitability, customer & channel marketing, etc.; the CRN Channel Champion 2014 award in the consumer desktop category, and the CRN Channel Champion 2014 award in the consumer notebook category.
- Ranked No 12 in the DQ Top 20 2014 list.
- Ranked No 14 in the Fortune Most Admired Companies 2014 survey in the IT/ITeS category.
- CRN conferred the Outstanding Channel Contribution Award 2013 on Alok Ohrie, President & MD, Dell India, for his contribution in creating, nurturing and strengthening Indian IT channels over the past two decades.
- Trust Research Advisory (TRA), a part of Comniscient Group, in its third edition of the prestigious Annual Brand Trust Report (BTR), has placed Dell in the 13th position among India’s Most Trusted Brands.
- Brand Equity’s Most Exciting Brands Survey, a research property from Brand Equity, The Economic Times, and Nielsen has placed Dell in the 15th
- For the third consecutive time, Dell EqualLogic emerged as the 2013 Market Leader in iSCSI Storage in a survey conducted by research firm IT Brand Pulse.
- Dell India was recognized as a Channel Champion by CRN in 2013 at Channel Championships.
- The Dell Inspiron 14R Turbo was awarded the CHIP Test Centre Best Performance award in May 2013.
- Dell India is ranked No.3 in the ‘2013 Social Effectiveness Index (SEI) 20’, a nationwide study accessing the Social Media Effectiveness of 20 of India’s Most Admired Companies (Fortune India-The Hay group survey).
- Dell was recognized at VARIndia Starnite Awards across two categories – ‘Best Consumer Notebook’ and ‘Channel Leadership Award’ 2013 on the basis of the feedback received from the Value Added Resellers and Channel partners.
- Dell was adjudged among the Top 10 of India’s Most Attractive Brands by Trust Research Advisory. Dell was the only tech major in the top 10.
- Dell’s Personal Achievement Customer Engagement Program won the “Frugal Marketing Campaign” award presented by The Futurist Marketing Hall of Fame, acknowledging organizations with marketing campaigns that attain maximum impact with a minimum budget. Dell received more than 500 customer stories.
Dell listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.co.in.